Thursday, August 16, 2007

Beet Pickles

Nolan came upstairs yesterday and said "Mommy, make beet pickles right NOW". We bought these canning jars at a garage sale this morning and the lady was shocked that a person as young as me would be canning. And with two kids. She had no idea it was so easy. Beet Pickles
2 cups cider vinegar (I use Bragg's Organic Raw Apple Cider)
2 cups sugar
1 TBS mixed canning spices
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
cooked, sliced beets
Bring everything but the beets to a boil. Pour through a strainer onto the beets. You could tie the canning spices into a bag but I didn't have one on hand. Let cool and jar. Ta-da. My mom adds sliced onions.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Eeeew. I like my beets roasted only. It would be helpful if I liked them pickled though - wouldn't have to eat so many at once.