Friday, August 17, 2007

Awesome Muffins

I've made these twice this week. They are wonderful and full of goodness. Thanks for the recipe Amy!
Morning Glory Muffins
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour
1 cup oats
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
2 mashed bananas
1 egg
1 1/2 cups chopped dried fruits
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
350 degrees. Blend the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients, fruit and nuts and mix just until blended. Sprinkle the flaxseed on top and bake for 20 minutes.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Mmmm. I'm going to try those. I'll need to have healthy lunch items on hand for Micah's school lunches.

Jenny said...

Ditto to what Mindy said...I learned that this year the kids have to bring their own snack, daily. The last two years they've had a community box of crackers or bag of apples. Yikes!! I have a hard enough time getting her out the door on time. Now add to that putting together a lunch and a snack?! If you have any other healthy snack ideas lying around, send them my way or post them here. I'll check back.