Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mock Ice Cream

I've recently started a pretty restrictive diet due to digestion issues. Among the many things I can't eat...milk and sugar. Boo. Because those are major ingredients in ice cream. My most favorite indulgence ever. Double Boo. BUT. I came upon this FANTASTIC little disguise today! It. Is. Amazing.

1 frozen banana
a titch of honey
a spoonful of nut butter

Whir in the food processor. I'd recommend doubling it for the processor to be most effective. Eat. Make satisfied noises. Mmmmmmmmmmm. Life is good.

4 comments:

Janelle said...

Yummy. That sounds really good. I will definitely make this for a treat for the kids (me too!!). :) And I hadn't heard of this before. Thanks for sharing! :) Are avoiding just refined sugar or all sugars? I've been trying to avoid refined sugar......but not doing a very good job of it.

Mindy said...

that sounds really interesting. i'll pass it on to marjan too. i'm sure she'd appreciate it.

Shannon said...

i'm following the Specific Carbohydrate Diet that is from the book Breaking the Vicious Cycle. It's for people with Crohn's, ulcerative colitis, Celiac and irritable bowel syndrome. i'm sure you've come accross it in your gluten-free research. the only sugar-related thing i can have is honey. so i was elated when i found this ice cream recipe! www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info

Janelle said...

I have heard of that diet. My sister followed a similar diet about a year ago. She now eats a gf/df diet, but has added everything else back into her diet. Hope it works for you and that you figure out what the problem is.

I know I have 1 or 2 recipes that are dairy free and sweetened with honey (think smoothie/ice creamy) I'll send them your way if I find them.