Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Paprika Chicken

During...it was so pretty.

I had half my plate gone before I realized I hadn't taken a picture.


Paprika Chicken

4 chicken breast, sliced into thirds
1 medium onion, sliced thinly
2 stalks green onion, sliced (I didn't use these)
olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups sliced peppers (I used 1 green/1 red)
2 tbsp paprika
1.5 cups sour cream
salt and pepper, for seasoning

Preheat oven to 350.

I prepared and cooked this in my dutch oven. Only one pan to wash.

Saute the onion in some olive oil until translucent. Toss in the garlic towards the end and remove onions from the pan. Put in a bit more olive oil and fry the chicken breasts (salt and pepper them) on high heat just until browned, not fully cooked (few minutes per side). Put the onions back in the pan along with the green onions, peppers and 1 TBS of the paprika. Add a drizzle more of olive oil and stir it all up. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and add the other TBS of paprika and stir well. Bake uncovered for another 20 minutes. Take out the chicken pieces and add the sour cream to the pan. Using a stick blender, puree. (Or dump it all in your food processor). Throw the chicken back in and stir it all up. We served it over whole wheat couscous. It would be great on rice, mashed potatoes, possibly even noodles.


1 comment:

HD said...

Just had to share I made your recipe tonight and everyone loved it. Our only difference was we added hot sauce. De-lish! Thanks for sharing (o: