Thursday, September 20, 2007

Harvest Cookies

3 sticks butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 15oz can pumpkin
1/4 cup molasses
2 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
1tsp cinnamon
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
5 1/4 cups oatmeal
2 1/3 cups dried cranberries and/or raisins
1 cup walnuts, chopped

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. (Where is the little degree thingee on the keyboard)?
Cream wet ingredients together and add dry. Drop onto cookie sheet and flatten a little. Bake for 15 minutes.
**
These would be great with some white chocolate chips. Do yourself a favor and buy a good brand that doesn't use hydrogenated oil. Sunspire makes a good one.

5 comments:

Cheri said...

So...this make like 15 dozen cookies...right?

Shannon said...

Yes! It makes a boatload. I send 3/4 the batch to work with Evan and they were gone by Noon.

Cheri said...

Probably that Julie ate them all :P

Mindy said...

I have tons of pie pumpkins from my garden. I think I'll try these.

Mindy said...

I made them with maple syrup instead of molasses & added white chocolate chips. Yummy! I've got most of them in the freezer for convention.