Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sourdough Pretzels

I've been giving homemade sourdough a shot the last month. I used this basic starter recipe and have had lots of fun from there! I've made two different loaves of bread, a batch of cinnamon rolls and these pretzels. The starter just keeps getting better and better the longer it sours. I've read that some sourdough aficionados have used the same starter for years and years.
I used this recipe with a few tweaks. They have a thin, crispy outside and a soft, chewy inside. Perfect with some sharp cheddar cheese or melted butter. I did get some caramel sauce but I like them much better with cheese.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

how were sourdough cinnamon rolls? i used to always have some sourdough starter going, but haven't now for quite a while. thanks for this post - it inspired me to make some again!